Panagiotis (pronounced Panayotis) is a passionate G(r)eek with experience in digital analytics projects and website implementation. Fan of clear and effective processes, automation of tasks and problem-solving technical hacks. Hands-on experience with projects ranging from small to enterprise-level companies, starting from the communication with the customers and ending with the transformation of business requirements to the final deliverable.
2014 - Present
- Technical lead for web analytics projects with millions of daily page views
- Account management for enterprise level clients with mutli-regional presence
- Managing a team of 2+ technical analysts
- Hands-on experience with multiple tag management platforms (Ensighten, Google Tag Manager, UberTags, Tealium, Adobe DTM)
- Setup, monitoring and configuration of A/B and multivariate tests (Adobe target, Optimizely)
- Experience in setting up custom integrations of marketing and web analytics platforms
- In-depth knowledge of enterprise level digital analytics platforms (Adobe marketing cloud, Google analytics 360 suite)
2009 - 2016
- Development and maintenance of small/medium websites and web server maintenace (PHP, MySQL, WordPress)
- Development of custom web applications
- eCommerce website development (Magento, Woocommerce)
- eLearning platform and content development for online Microsoft Office and LibreOffice courses (Moodle)
- Consulting services on SEO and web analytics
2008 - 2014
- Implementation and design of an information system for automatic data blending from multiple data sources (Access & VBA)
- Dashboard creation and report creation automation for analytics projects with +700K daily page views using (Excel and VBA & PHP)
- Web analytics implementation and maintenance for web sites targeting multiple countries (Adobe Analytics, UberTags)
- Deployment of marketing (15+ types) and functional (chat, survey etc,) tags
- Responsible for QA of analytics implementations for websites across multiple countries
- Website development (PHP, MySQL, WordPress)
- Network administrator assistant for a corporate network of 30+ workstations
- Administration, maintenance and user support for 50+ workstations
- Developed and setup the web server for a self-hosted online CV submission application
- Developed web forms for online application submissions
- Corporate (Joomla) website management
2003 - 2005
- Network administrator assistant for a corporate network of 150+ workstations
- Administration, maintenance and user support assistant for 80+ workstations
- Lead software and DB developer of a commercial project and time management application (Euro-project) built with Access/SQL server and VBA. The application was used on a daily basis by more than 30 users
- Application development with PHP & MySQL and Access/VBA
July 2010 - July 2019
Jun 2017 - Present
A community in Thessaloniki for anyone interested in digital analytics. We hold discussions on data collection, data analysis and interpretation from electronic devices and the web. The aim of our meetings is to hold discussions on how to improve existing technologies, but also to try to solve the problems we face with those who deal with this subject.
2009 - 2011
During his master’s degree he developed his management and critical thinking skills, about wider issues outside narrow technology boundaries. By studying research papers and reviewing real life business problems and processes, he acquired better understanding on how to better use technology to achieve business objectives.
On the final year of his studies he started research on how to optimize online advertising by examining online trends and cost.
2002 - 2008
After attending a large number technical classes (about 70% of attended courses) and completing several software development tasks he acquired skills on:
- visual application development
- web development
- network administration
- database administration
- project management and economics
The rest of the courses he attended were focused on economics, statistical analysis and accounting legislation.
1997 - 2002
His high school studies were completed in a multicultural environment with faculty and students from multiple countries. He attended all science courses (i.e. Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology) in German and the rest of the courses in Greek. He also attended additional German courses as part of the school’s programme.
This work was an attempt to automate tracking of terms and phrases that can be used as keywords in online advertising campaigns. The goal is to optimize the investment of a specific budget that will be used in paid search advertising. In this thesis he implemented a technique that can provide insight into decision making on the strategy to be followed by an advertiser, when planning online marketing campaigns. The ultimate goal is to automate the process to the fullest extent. For this purpose he used multiple sources of data on the movement of Internet users and the tendency of their searches around issues, related to the sites being considered. The combined knowledge of these sources can be a useful tool for the extraction of results, since it offers rapid analysis of data, which under real conditions is not feasible to do, without the use of automated methods. The data used to evaluate the conditions which will be proposed by the system, are based on the analysis of the search volume over time to identify the conditions which of upward search trends. The cost of using them in campaigns is also taken into account in order to propose conditions that will increase the efficiency of the initial capital. While ensuring the relevance of the terms used techniques that extract keywords from log files of site traffic coming from site monitoring services (e.g. Google analytics) and the analysis of this page.
See publicationFull text
Mobile setting considerations provide valuable issues regarding flexible mobile applications. In this paper, we indicated the advantages of an m-commerce application capable to provide users with useful information (e.g. historical buildings, shops, hotels) according to their location. First, the application creates a basic profile of the current user (type of information the user is mainly interested in). Then, in addition with the location awareness of the user’s position the application provides only useful information according to the user’s whereabouts. When the user is alerted that he is in close proximity of one place that he is interested in, he has the option to access more info about it (streaming video or photo and text). The application is implemented using the Java Micro Edition (Java ME) platform and is mainly making use of the Location API, which provides information about the device’s present physical location and orientation. The customized information is stored online and is accessed only when user needs it.
ICE-B 2007 – Proceedings of the International Conference on e-Business, Barcelona, Spain, July 28-31, 2007, ICE-B is part of ICETE – The International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications
See publicationFull text